HPC Solutions Published: December 7, 2016
HPC Solutions is seeking a Cyber Security Specialist to support a long term government project.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with network vulnerability scanning, analysis, and vulnerability remediation and mitigation
- Knowledge of NIST Special Publication 800 series documentation with strong understanding of SP 800-53 controls
- Experience in implementation of FDCC/USGCB, NIST Checklist Program, and/or DISA STIGs.
- Strong MS Windows Server and Desktop background, preferably MSCP, understanding of active directory group policy objects
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Familiarity with Linux OS flavors
- Familiar with Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) process
- Documentation, presentation, and technical writing experience
- Able to communicate effectively through written and verbal means to co-workers and leadership
- Experience utilizing security tools such as Tenable Nessus, IBM Endpoint Manager, IBM Appscan, ForeScout CounterACT
The following are job related tasks this position is expected to perform (inclusive but not limited to);
- Develop and perform IT system security scans, result analysis, vulnerability categorization, and dissemination of results
- Researches escalated vulnerability issues, recommend remediation and/or mitigation solution, assist system administrators with implementation
- Support system administrator in implementation of USGCB and NIST Checklists
- Research requirements for successful remediation of Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M), recommend solutions, assist system administrators with implementation
- Maintain knowledge of technical and non-technical security regulations, interprets requirements, communicates with IT staff
- Participate in security control assessment activities
- Participate and assists in researching evaluating, and development of security solutions, policies, procedures, and guidance
- Maintain ATO documentation
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in information technology is required.
- At least five (5) years in security administration experience is preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in information technology or associated discipline.