HPC Solutions is seeking a Senior Electrical Inspector for a government contract role. The Electrical Inspector should have over 15+ years of working experience. The Senior Electrical Inspector would offer extensive experience with electrical equipment oversite or inspection on hydroelectric power plants, water treatment plants, pumping plants, dams, spillways, and/or other structures. Position may require inspection experience with installation, maintenance, and/or repair of one or more of the following: hydropower generation equipment including generator windings and excitation equipment, electric equipment and systems, large capacity transformers, switchyards, system control and data acquisition (SCADA), power transmission lines, and other electrical construction.
Desired Skills and Experience
The Senior Electrical Expert Inspector is required to have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- PE certification is preferred, but not required.
- Extensive depth and breadth of experience in rehabilitating or rehabilitation oversight/inspection for hydraulic turbine rehabilitation to ensure that all materials and work performed at the site by the construction contractor are in compliance with the construction contract requirements.
- Extensive experience with hydro generator testing and design and reporting problems or concerns.
- Ability to provide engineering consultation on hydro generator faults, failures and repairs of a complex nature.
- Confident recommending improvements or other changes to the crew's