HPC Solutions is seeking a Senior Mechanical Inspector for a government contract role. The Mechanical Inspector should have over 15+ years of working experience. The Mechanical Inspector will have experience with mechanical equipment inspection on dams, spillways, canals and/or other conveyance structures, hydroelectric power plants, water treatment plants, and pumping plants. Work may require inspection experience with installation, maintenance, and or/repair of one or more of the following: pumps, hydraulic systems, turbines, gates, valves, pipe, flow meters, welding, non-destructive testing for cracks and inclusions, and other mechanical construction.
Desired Skills and Experience
The Senior Mechanical Inspector is required to have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Welding Inspection certification from the American Welding Society is preferred by not required.
- Experience providing mechanical engineering and construction oversite for a government agency.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems encountered related to mechanical systems and equipment.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting system design problems for the construction and installation of electrical generators
- Extensive depth and breadth of experience in rehabilitating or rehabilitation oversight/inspection for hydraulic turbine rehabilitation to ensure that all materials and work performed at the site by the construction contractor are in compliance with the construction contract requirements.
- Responsible for the observance and enforcement of safety rules on the project. To include, but not limited to knowledge of Reclamation Safety and Health Standards and OSHA for welding, ventilation, Chromium 6, and confined space.