HPC Solutions Published: December 7, 2016
HPC Solutions is seeking a Network Engineer / Administrator for a government client in the Washington, DC area. Candidates should have experience in the following:
- Conduct daily network administration on computing resources infrastructure including routers, switches, and load balancers, etc.
- Coordinate necessary network provisioning and configuration with branches and other divisions to support ongoing projects;
- Review network requirements, develop plans, implement, test and deploy the services to support agency projects
- Work with security, system, storage, and VM teams to provide solutions and resolve issues related to network
- Provide opinions and recommendations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Cisco certificate CCIE in addition to CCNP is a plus;
- Experience on Cisco 10G Nexus lines is highly desirable;
- Experience on CiscoWorks management tool is highly desirable;
- Experience on F5 load balancer is highly desirable.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years of direct experience as a network engineer/administrator in configuring, monitoring, operating, trouble-shooting, patching and hardware maintenance on Cisco redundant routers and switches;
- Demonstrated experience in Cisco firewall, protocol analyzer, SNMP managers and other network monitoring tools;
- Thorough knowledge of network protocols, including TCP/IP, ARP, VLANS, STP, OSPF, 802.1x, Ethernet, H.323, SIP, SNMP and other related protocols;
- Experience in a process-oriented and ticket-driven working environment is required;
- Ability to plan, design and architect new solutions to meet new network demands;
- Ability to implement a full life-cycle project;
- Excellent time-management skill and task-organizing ability to accomplish tasks in priority;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to work with people at every level;
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or other equivalent engineering disciplines from reputable college is required.